The best breakfast in the best location
Hygiene is a top priority at the Schick Hotels & Restaurants
Your safety is very important to us and we are doing everything we can to ensure you have a happy and healthy stay!
With regard to the current challenges, we are following the official information and guidelines of the Austrian federal government.
Our top priority is the health of our guests and our employees.
We take the standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are investing a great deal of money to ensure the safety of our guests and hotel employees. The health and safety measures have been designed to cover a wide range of viruses and other pathogens and include every measure from hand washing hygiene and requirements for cleaning products to cleaning procedures for guest rooms and public areas.
Hotel employees who are healthy, safe and well trained are vitally important for effective cleaning programs.
We keep our employees healthy and safe by doing the following:
- Each day before starting to work we take the temperature of the staff.
- All employees have a valid negative COVID19 test during their working hours, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or have recovered.
- Holding regular training courses on proper hygiene
- Washing hands regularly with warm water and soap for at least 30 seconds
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly
- Regularly airing out the hotel rooms, elevators, public areas and restaurant
- If employees are showing any signs of illness, they are asked to stay at home.
Cleaning products and logs
We follow cleaning and disinfection protocols when preparing rooms after guests leave and before the next guest arrives, paying special attention to items that are touched frequently. You will find a cleaning checklist in every room that our employees perform every day.
- Public Areas
We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of public areas as well, with special attention being paid to the reception, elevators and buttons, door handles, public toilets and room keys. You will find disinfection dispensers throughout the entire public area.
- Back of House
In the areas where employees work “behind the scenes”, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and focus on areas that are frequently touched, such as the entrances, changing rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- We have implemented new hygiene standards and have given a lot of thought to how we can keep our team and guests healthy and safe. Despite these changes, we still strive to be environmentally friendly and continue on the path as an eco-label hotel.
Restaurant/Breakfast Area/Lunch buffet
- All guests have to registrate. We use an online registration tool, www.gastroregistrierung.at, for the registration. Secure data management is guaranteed. Data can only be used in exceptional cases; this data is stored securely and destroyed after 4 weeks.
- Guests are led to their tables by our employees.
- Self-service buffet is allowed, but we kindly ask our guests to desinfect their hands (a desinfectant station is availablie at the restaurant and at the buffet).
- The table surface, the chair backs and armrests are cleaned after each visit and the tablecloths are completely changed
Behavior for You as Our Guest
- For all our value guests remember the following rules: if you have been vaccinated, tested or recovered, show us the relevant notification to the staff in the restaurant. Children under 12 years don't need a test.
In exceptional cases (e.g. when the deadline of your Covid notification expires during the stay) self-tests can be provided out under supervision on site. These tests are provided by the restaurant, but are only valid on site.
Official tests can be carried out at the neighboring pharmacy. If you need to have a PCR test to travel back into your home country - we have several possibilities to help you (without charge and some with extra charge). Please ask at our receptions.
- Please reserve a table in advance if possible
- Please make cashless payments if possible. Preferably pay your bill by card
- Please follow the instructions given by our employees
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds
- Disinfect hands by using the disinfection dispensers provided
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or in a handkerchief
- Please stay at home if you are showing any signs of illness
- If you begin showing signs of illness in the hotel, please stay in your room and call the reception
The informationen is going to be updated currently.
Safety during your Seminar / Event in Vienna
We attach great importance to your safety & therefore we have high safety and hygiene standards at your events.
- Participants provide proof of a COVID vaccination, a negative COVID test or confirmation that they have recovered from COVID for the duration of the seminar / event
- Disinfectants are in all public areas
- All rooms are regularly disinfected
- Adequate ventilation through highly efficient ventilation systems and / or windows
- Regulation of visitor flows
- 2 Covid-19 officers in-house
- Stay Safe Seal
- Events with more than 100 participants are due to notification.